Saturday, October 23, 2010

up to?

welllllll..........I have been so happy busy these past few weeks. I have printed out copies of my Ferlin and His Paper Hat book to send on their way to the publishers for consideration. I have scanned in all of my finished pastels of Ferlin, which I had been putting off for a very very very (yes that many very's) long time. And.........my husband and I opened up our apartment for the fall variety of the Saint Paul Art Crawl just two weekends ago.

For my book I made five copies, four to be sent out and one for myself to have for shows and such. I printed it out at the local staples and cut it all down at home with our paper cutter of xacto brand. And I put everything together with small little zip ties and clear sheet protectors, cut down to my page size.
 Before sending it on it's way each submission needs a particularly special letter to the editor as well as copies of my page spread done in pastel, (as I intended the book to be finished.) I am putting the finishing touches on those letters and will take a happy picture when I do my send off.

In my other news the Saint Paul Art Crawl was super! I always love how our space is transformed in a matter of exiting and fast paced hours. The week before it I was forever visiting goodwill or michael's to buy up frames and various other necessities for the show. We had a wonderful weekend and I even donned my apron to make some gnome, bear, and squirrel cookies. Magnets as always were quite popular and many people admired my Ferlin book, wishing me good luck on it. In the end our furniture was all moved and moved back again within four days.

So that is what I have been up to for the most part and making room for new things to come my way.
Here are all five of my sweet little Ferlin books, bound and ready for submission.




Three gnome cookies. They were Pillsbury sugar cookies with added mint extract and turquoise food coloring. Decorated with black sparkly gel icing! Yummmm!



This is part of our living room transformed for the art crawl. You can see some of our prints hanging on the grid in the back and my Ferlin pastels on the wall.



This is the other half of our room. Behind the partition is where our studio is located. By the window is Joe's painting, his comics are displayed along with my paintings.



More cookies! On the very last day I made pink squirrels and bears with white frosting.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed it -- everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, Megan and Joe! I have to know -- what did you use to cover all your books, etc, on your shelves behind your grids? Truly wonderful display, and the cookies are awesome cute. I so wish we could have been there. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, did you paint those shelves white since I saw them? It all looks so great either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments! I am happy to be able to show you guys pictures! I was particularily happy with our set up this time. I thought it was our best so far, although we came up with even more ideas for next time.To answer you question Laurel, we used shower curtains to cover our book shelves behind the grid unit. One of the curtains is actually in our bathroom. I guess the key is having ones that share similar colors. One of them is a teal color,like the backround on my site and the other one is stripes of teal, brown and other blues and greens. No painting of shelves happened it was just the lighting. O and the other shelf by our nifty room devider is covered with a white sheet. All the covers are pulled tight and taped with clear packing tape. Thanks for asking, so happy to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well it worked out beautifully -- very resourceful and creative of you, Dear!

    ReplyDelete