Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The big lesson

In preparation for the art crawl two weekends ago, I had so many ideas. Ideas about things to make and sell, how to decorate, and how to display all my new creations I was gonna make. I made a list in my last blog post about all that I hoped to achieve, fully realizing that time was my only limitation. Certainly my imagination couldn't be bothered, as if it ever was or is, with the concept of time. In instances of shows and conventions I am always thinking of something new, something special, and I can't help believing that I can do it all.
The lesson that I always learn is that I can't do it all. But this "can't" isn't a bad kind of can't, at least I never see it that way. Because I need to think of what I CAN do to make all my ideas more possible.
If I want to be able to make pretty handmade bracelets or decorated boxes or wings or paintings or drawings or whatever; I need to create small times throughout the weeks and months to make those special creations possible. Not just the few weeks leading up to an event.

The biggest lesson ever for me - I can't do it all and that's ok!
So here's to being more creative all year round, sporadically of course, but more creative just the same.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful message, Megan, one I need to take to heart and continually remember. It helps so much when we remember to imagine and to create what we imagine and let the rest fall where it will when we need to. What matters is the work, the creation. Blessings to you, my lovely pixie friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Even if I don't have the time to create all my ideas I'll never forget that I had them. Wishing the best for you as well!

    ReplyDelete