Monday, June 27, 2011

fairy sketch love

For the spring art crawl I had hoped to draw many fairies. I wanted to have framed sketches of pretty fairies filling a whole wall, lots and lots and lots and lots of them. Although I still hope to do that, this fairy was the very special only one I had a chance to draw. She was so sweet in her expression, so hopeful, so understanding, and compassionate. She was so well received that I was commissioned to draw her again for a very special gift. This fairy has found a wonderful home, twice, and I was so honored to know that a seemingly simple drawing can mean so much to so many. Sometimes it's not about how many fairies I could have drawn, it's the one that I did draw and got to hang up on the wall.
I am really loving drawing on this particular paper. It is a rag paper that I drew my previous fairy from"i want to draw another fairy" post.  I can easily erase with my kneaded eraser and it doesn't leave a lot of marks because of the texture in the paper. I also really like the creamy color that makes all the drawings have a warm glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment