Sunday, February 12, 2012

Three maids

I have been practicing my mermaid drawing skills for a personal project I am working on. I am trying to make a label that will have two mermaids on it.
Copyright 2012 Megan Rheault,  Pixiegirl Studios

Copyright 2012 Megan Rheault, Pixiegirl Studios

Copyright 2012 Megan Rheault, Pixiegirl Studios

It's a bit more practicing the female figure, not so much the tail part, just a little tail part. I keep drawing the mermaids to see what kind of poses I want them to have. I'm hoping that by drawing more and more of them I will have a few to choose from that will fit together nicely. So far these are ok with me, but I haven't been completely inspired yet.........we'll see!

To see the mermaid I drew for last years marscon check out this post I wrote in 2010. It was back when I was working on the promotional artwork with my husband. You can see how she went from sketch to color!
post: mermaids they are awesome

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! I really like the pose of the middle one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I like the middle one too. I think her pose is the most promising one so far.

    ReplyDelete