Thursday, March 24, 2011

I want to draw another fairy princess

Among other projects I have been working on lately, I was pleased to be commissioned for a sketch. It took me back to the grade school days where my girl classmates would ask me to draw princesses for them. One of my favorite subjects!yay!  I was asked for just that kind of drawing once again. My client asked that it be a fairy or a princess drawn in a sketchy way. And so I tried to be sketchy about it. She really liked a tiny drawing I posted when I had first started my blog.
What I realized however is that I can't be sketchy, in the frenzied exited lines full of energy way unless I have a particular idea that I am trying to get out of my head to express. If I am sitting to do a new sketch that I haven't thought of before, the process is slower and more thoughtful. Each idea from the outfit to the hair and the position of the hands is considered drawn and redrawn....... Anyhow this is how my thoughtful sketch turned out. It is a favorite that I was happy to send on it's way to an inspired recipient.
Fairy princess 5x7 done in pencil on handmade rag paper. Copyright 2011 Megan Rheault.

 Laurel of Abundant Empress LLC, who now owns the sketch, said the picture inspired her and I hope it will inspire me as well to keep drawing great and wonderful things to share.

2 comments:

  1. Megan, I love this sketch so much -- you captured perfectly what I was thinking of (even when I was not sure what I was thinking of). You got it right. I will treasure it, and as soon as I get a matte for it, it is going in a gold oak-leaf frame on my studio wall.
    I am thrilled to own this little slice of your work, and I look forward to commissioning work from you as I intend to earn enough money to do so. You rock!
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laurel for your kind words here and also on your own blog. I really appreciate them, it's why I love to do what I do. I am so exited to do some more drawings like this. Thank you for the idea to draw and may I say you rock as well!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete