Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Finding Winnie

The other day I had the good fortune to find a vintage Winnie The-Pooh book in my library's used section. It is a charming book and this particular copy has some very loved pages that I adore. The binding is loose, the fabric edges are fraying and there are some worn patches of color. It still has it's library card envelope in back and I imagine all the children who read about Pooh's heffalump dreams or sitting with ten pots of honey as it rained and rained. As an adult the stories are as memorable as when I first read them and I see the reason for having favorites and classics.


My copy is a reprint from 1961
A small sketch I made, because Pooh is of course always thinking about honey.
The left side of the endpapers. I love the tradition of maps in endpapers.
The right side. It is so sweet to think that if I were to visit the 100 aker wood I would know exactly where to go. By the way as a "bad" speller, all of these carefully written words on the map seem to be very correct in  my mind.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to see the new Pooh movie. It's very much like the books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I like it when they refer to the text and talk with the narrator.

    ReplyDelete