Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pop can wishes

Sometimes I think about ways that I could reuse or re-purpose containers that I've emptied, or things like pop cans, very easy to find ordinary items. On one of those particular nights, feeling very inspired I drew a few ideas I had about pop cans.
There is a little box, circus cars with bottle cap wheels, a lighted tent, a pretty turret that swings open revealing little shelves for treasures, and a fairy princess lamp - with arms attached with paper fasteners so she can wave her arms up and down!
Looking back at my sketches I realize that some of these ideas are a bit large for one can and might need to be pieced together from a few. There would be some seams showing and I think it would be a challenge to cut the aluminum exactly the way I intended. I have a lot of ideas, but sometimes aren't ideas perfect because there is never any limitation where there is imagination.

2 comments: