Monday, January 10, 2011

In November and December

It has been a very long time. i don't like long times apart but it gives stories to tell and so many things to say. I have often wondered where to start again though. Do I go on about things that happened in the last bits of the old year? I think just a little bit maybe and then I can be free to contemplate all the wonderful new-ness that the this year will bring....

I left off with the suka free art sale that my husband Joe and I participated in. It was particularly snowy that weekend but we were grateful to everyone that had the opportunity to come visit us. Joe and I were also very happy with how our artwork looked displayed together on the walls and our tables. We had a cheerful time in the warm indoors meeting new people and reminiscing with old friends.
This is Joe and I standing in front of our artwork from the Sucka Free art sale.

Again this is our set up from the sale. We had a computer in place for any paypal purchases and had books on one table and prints and buisness cards on another.
Threwout the rest of November and into December my husband Joe and I worked on a very large project for the MarsCon sci fi fantasy convention this March. We have already done a promotional poster which included characters that will be featured on the convention badges. This time we have finished the design that will be used for the convention booklet as well as t-shirts. All that is left is some line work pieces for the book, which I am eager to start.
This is the newest MarsCon illustration that Joe and I did together. We are very very happy with how it turned out. This is the image that will be on t-shirts as well as the convention booklet. The princess and sorceress were characters we made up and introduced in the promo poster.
Although I have shown you the t-shirt design for MarsCon, I am currently getting some images ready to post to show you how the final image came together, as well as an ilustration I finished up in November of Ozma of Oz......!!

To find out more about the 2011 MarsCon convention please visit their site www.marscon.org/2011/index.php
To see the artwork of Joe Rheault visit his sites at  www.dirtyinks.blogspot.com and www.dirtyinks.deviantart.com

1 comment: