Monday, January 31, 2011

While I never!

When I was looking at all of the MarsCon work I have posted I realized that I had never ever posted an image of the promotional poster that my husband Joe and I did from way back. There was a lot of work and many elements of drawing that went together to make both the promotional poster and the convention book/t-shirt design. So here they are....Text has been added to the designs by our wonderful contact for MarsCon, Kristy.

This is the promo poster that Joe and I did earlier in 2010 to advertise for MarsCon. It is a version of the poster before text was added.

Poster with Text.
For this design I drew the princess, mermaid, fairies, castle and background. Joe drew the sorceress, wizard, snarky, and the frog. Everything was a separate element that was inked by Joe. We scanned in each character and put everything all together and colored it on the computer. After we finished the poster we sent it off to Kristy for approval. She then added all of the information like the title, important people, and the website www.marscon.org/2011

Here is the t-shirt design that I debut in a previous post.

Here the text has been added and notice our signatures underneath our characters!

For the t-shirt design I drew the princess, fairies and trees. I then inked the trees while Joe drew the sorceress. He continued to ink his character, the fairies, and my princess. We then scanned everything into the computer, put it together, and colored it on photoshop.

I am so proud of all the work that Joe and I did. Working together was a wonderful experience and many thanks to Kristy again for making all of the text look fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment