Wednesday, August 31, 2011

modely me

When I am drawing, I know it has helped so much to have reference, weather it's for the folds and details of a costume or the gesture of a pose. The more I have taken photos the more I find myself understanding the form of what I draw, and sometimes now I remember what something is really supposed to be rather then guessing how it might be. For a lot of my more recent work, I have taken photos or had my husband take them. Even if it's just on my phone it's still my own little study of form and shape.

So when recently I was asked to be a model for a day, by my friend the Abundant Empress, I was pleased to pose.  She wanted to "take pictures that would serve as inspiration for fairies, medieval princesses, and mythical beings." I was so happy to be found such an inspiration and thought of as a light spirited fairy.


 Photo copyright 2011 Abundant Empress, LLC


Photo copyright 2011 Abundant Empress LLC


 I really like my twirl. Capturing motion is always dynamic. In the second photo I really like the tilt of the head, the leg that is bent, and the way that my hand is against the tree. When I am collecting images for reference, it's some of these kind of details that Laurel was able to show that make a pose worth drawing. Thank you Laurel!

You can read Laurel's blog at............www.abundantempress.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Ah Megan, thank you. It was my pleasure to work with you and I look forward to working with you again. How about a cityscape background next time -- Stone Arch Bridge, perhaps?
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great! I had a wonderful time working with you too. I will have to think what to wear in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I look forward to seeing the rest of the pictures, I know there were some great poses in there.

    ReplyDelete