Saturday, August 14, 2010

the five year dollhouse plan

In five years, among all the other things I hope to accomplish, I hope to have a lovely house......a dollhouse that is!  I can just envision in my mind a quaint yet impressively sweet Victorian (inspired) with a garden, fence, and a little house in the back for having tea on the pleasantest of summer days that will last forever. Sounds dreamy right and yet so doable in five years I figure. I always like to have a project on the shelf and this is one I will be storing for quite a while to share an idea from every now and then. So far no ground breaking has taken place and no supplies have been purchased but there are plenty of ideas and of course some sketches.

This is the studio because of course my dolls are artists. There is a desk on each side and a large worktable in the center. Along the back wall there is a sink in between two storage shelves that go all the way to the ceiling.
This is showing three possible floors of the house. The first floor is a library sitting room with bookshelves along the back wall and an elevator. The second level was supposed to be the studio with an open section in the middle overlooking the library. The top floor attic space is just where the fairies live of course.
This is a bathroom to be shared. There are two sinks with a shelf in between and a laundry hamper. There is a claw foot tub and a cabinet above the toilet. The walls are tiled and have a chair rail.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeeeeeeee! exited everytime i think of this project! It will be lovely and grand and swell all at the same time! You will get to see the progress on it as I will be eager to share!

    ReplyDelete